A trip to East Africa
I completed my studies in education at Kenyatta University in Kenya. Before moving to Switzerland, I taught at Olkejuado High School, in Maasai Land, for nine years. I feel so proud to introduce my language and culture to the european community here in Europe.
As a teacher with many years of experience, I love to give young people an understanding of the African language and its culture.
Students get an insight into the life, culture, languages and history of East Africa. Through African Fables, Sayings, Cooking and eating together and listening to music we build bridges of mutual understanding.
We will do this together:
- Watch an interesting movie about life in Africa
- Prepare only typical African dishes
- Students will learn how messages are communicated by means of a textile called Kanga or Leso.
- They will learn how to play a very typical African game called "Bao"
- Playing different instruments while we sing
- Listen to exciting fables and discuss the moral lessons learnt.
- Listen to a famous Swahili song and dance to it's tune
- Learn how to drum
- Questions about Education and life in Africa, giving my own example, will be asked and discussed.